What does “WAGS” stand for? Water And Gas Safety...and WAGS our Golden Retriever Mascot!
“The One Shot Wonder”? The WAGS™ valve is a single-use, one-time activation water flow shut-off device for gas, oil, or electric water heaters. Like an automotive airbag, it performs a one-time critical function, and is not reuseable or resettable - for user safety.
How does the WAGS work? The WAGS™ valve is designed to shut off the water supply to a water heater in the event of a leak, minimizing property damage. WAGS™ valve sits in a drip pan under the water heater and when approximately 1 inch of water accumulates, the WAGS™ closes off the incoming water. A red pop-up tab indicates activation. Another WAGS™ benefit is that the tank typically draws a vacuum and stops the water leak.
Do WAGS™ Valves require checking or servicing? NO… WAGS™ is the only 100% mechanical automatic water heater safety shut-off valve on the market.
Is installation difficult and time consuming? Installation requires a drip pan positioned under the heater tank and routing of the cold water line in and out of the WAGS™ Valve. Professional installation normally adds 15-20 minutes to a new tank installation. We can recommend a WAGS™ Certified Installer in your area if needed.
WAGS Valve – Installation Locations: Best Value
1. Finished Floor – Above First Floor
2. Finished Floor – First Floor
3. Finished Basement
4. Above Drop Ceiling (small tanks) in Living/Working Areas
5. Unfinished Basement
7. Attic – NOT RECOMMENDED! Due to High Temperatures and High Humidity, Valve May “Dry-Fire” in Either Extreme Condition. >>> If Attic Installation is Required: AQUAGUARD Recommends a WAGS Valve By-Pass Loop be Incorporated into the Cold Water Line.
8. Outside of Building – NOT RECOMMENDED!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Can I get an insurance discount by installing a WAGS? Some insurance companies do offer discount riders as the product is well established and the actuary data supports savings. Property owners should call their insurance agent regarding available discounts. Here are a few of the known insurance companies that do offer such discounts;
- ...and many more – call your insurer and ask!
- The Original And Only 100% Mechanical Automatic Water Heater Safety Shut-off Valve On The Market.
- Buy Tried & True, Lower Cost Tank Water Heaters and Avoid High Cost, High Complexity, High Maintenance (Line Scaling) Tankless Water Heaters.
- Get Maximum Useful Life Out Of Your Low Cost Standard Water Heater Tank Without Fear Of Tank Failure and Water Damage.
- Support Innovative USA Manufacturing.
What markets does the WAGS Valve best serve?
- Engineers: REITS, Apartments, Condos, Commercial, Multi-Units, Retail, and Property Managers.
- Contractors: Homeowners and Commercial Customers.
- Distributors: Plumbers, Commercial Accounts. and Homeowners.
Why is the WAGS Valve better than the competition?
- “Sense & Alarm” are battery or electric powered devices. If the property owner is not around to hear it then the property is getting wet – they do not stop the water flow!
- “Sensor & Shutoff” require an electrician to tie-in the electrical solenoid valve shutoff to a battery and/or electrical panel. If you lose power or battery goes flat, you are still at risk from leaking water.
- WAGS™ is 100% mechanically activated - WAGS Will Watch – So you don’t have to!