What does “WAGS” stand for? Water And Gas Safety...and WAGS our Golden Retriever Mascot!
“The One Shot Wonder”? The WAGS valve is a single-use, one-time activation water flow shutoff device for gas, oil, or electric water heaters. Like an automotive airbag, it performs a one-time critical function.
How does the WAGS work? The WAGS valve is designed to shut off the water supply to a water heater in the event of a leak, minimizing property damage. The WAGS valve sits in a drip pan under the water heater and when approximately 1 inch of water accumulates, the WAGS closes off the incoming water. A red pop-up tab indicates activation. Another WAGS benefit is that the tank typically draws a vacuum and stops the water leak.
Do WAGS Valves require checking or servicing? No… WAGS is the only 100% mechanical water heater safety valve on the market. No Electricity. No Batteries. No Maintenance.
Is installation difficult and time consuming? Installation requires a drip pan positioned under the heater tank and routing of the cold water line in and out of the WAGS Valve. Professional installation normally adds 15-20 minutes to a new tank installation.
WAGS Valve – Installation Locations: Best Value
1. Finished Floor – Above First Floor
2. Finished Floor – First Floor
3. Finished Basement
4. Above Drop Ceiling (small tanks) in Living/Working Areas
5. Unfinished Basement
7. Attic – NOT RECOMMENDED! Due to High Temperatures and High Humidity, Valve May “Dry-Fire” in Either Extreme Condition. >>> If Attic Installation is Required: AQUAGUARD Recommends a WAGS Valve By-Pass Loop be Incorporated into the Cold Water Line.
8. Outside of Building – NOT RECOMMENDED!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Can I get an insurance discount by installing a WAGS? Some insurance companies do offer discount riders as the product is well established and the actuary data supports savings. Property owners should call their insurance agent regarding available discounts.
- Buying Direct Saves You Money
- Support Innovative USA Manufacturing
- The Only 100% Mechanical Water Heater Safety Valve On The Market
What markets does the WAGS valve best serve?
- Engineers: REITS, Apartments, Condos, Commercial, Multi-Units, Retail, and Property Managers.
- Contractors: Homeowners and Commercial Customers.
- Distributors: Plumbers, Commercial Accounts. and Homeowners.
Why is the WAGS Valve better than the competition?
- “Sense & Alarm” are battery or electric powered devices. If the property owner is not around to hear it then the property is getting wet – they do not stop the water flow!
- “Sensor & Shutoff” require an electrician to tie-in the electrical solenoid valve shutoff to a battery and/or electrical panel. If you lose power or battery goes flat, you are still at risk from leaking water.
- WAGS is 100% mechanically activated - WAGS Will Watch – So you don’t have to!